Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Nephew's Quilt Coming Along


The blocks in each of these rows have been sewn together, but the rows are still detached. This is the main body of the quilt, so once I have these rows sewn together, all that will be left is the inner border and the C code around the periphery of the quilt. The body of the quilt is his name in binary code. The colors in the photo are not quite "on"--as usual, but you get the idea. It feels good to use my stash of Kona solids and I can't imagine this quilt any other way.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love this quilt. It is just so fun!

Elsie Montgomery said...

This is so interesting. I hope you post a full view when it is finished. It certainly has guy-appeal. Nice work!

Sarahbeth said...

OH I LOVE IT!

great choice with the binary code too...very fitting! i never knew binary code could be so beautiful!