This flowering vine, the Hoya plant, was my son's and I believe he obtained it from his Oma and Opa. The vine has grown around the window in the entrance, and is blooming for the second time, this time six clusters have popped out at various stages of maturity. The cluster in the foreground is fully developed, while the one in the background, appearing more pink, is not fully there yet. I just learned the name of this fragrant flowering vine, thanks to Elsie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Twila,
I have the same plant. I think it is a Hoya, sometimes called a Wax Plant. There are several varieties. Mine has variegated leaves with pink flowers. The smell is strong, but not really "fragrant" in a pleasing way. The official species is Hoya carnosa. You could likely Google that and find your specific plant. My vine is wound around a tall support and is likely 10 feet or so. It likes bright light, and more water in the spring to fall than in winter. Hope that helps!
Twila,
I don't know the name of it but it is very pretty. How nice that it blooms so early in Spring too.
Post a Comment