Sunday, March 2, 2008

T Shirt Quilt Gets a Back, Magic Star Progressing



Posted by PicasaTiffany spent Saturday here working on her T shirt quilt, particularly the backing. We went to Capital Quilts where she selected the fabrics for the backing in record time--about a half hour for five fabrics! The four quadrants with the small square in the middle was her idea, as she preferred not to have a single fabric for the entire back. The colors do not show well in this picture. I see that I may have a spot on the lens of my camera--the spot that is on the lower right quadrant is showing in a series of pictures, so I'll have to look into cleaning the lens filter.
Today I sewed the binding on my Magic Stars. I'm hoping to do the hand stitching on the binding this week; I'd love to be able to say that I'm done with it. The backing and binding fabric are Lonni Rossi's Chrysanthemums in orange. It's one of my favorite LR fabrics; since I used most of what I had on hand for this project, I ordered several more yards to have in my stash.
Well, reader, I truly hope that you have a wonderful week. I am faced with a very busy week at work, so I must stay focused, keep my spirits up and quilt as much as I can when I get home!

No comments: