Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time to Finish Blue Quilt, but What Name?


It's time to get back to finishing Stephen's quilt in blue, for the April Friendship Star Quilters Quilt Show, and subsequently for Stephen's graduation. My house, being rather small, does not have ample wall space to hang and photograph the quilt top in one photo frame, so this one will have to do even though the corner of the drafting table is in the lower left of the pic. Stephen requested that I use a mottled fabric on the back as I did with his brother's, although this one will be a red rather than charcoal. I believe it was a Moda Marbles fabric. The question now is what to name it? Some initial thoughts are to be simple and no attempts at a clever name:
The Blue Quilt,
Kicking Blue,
For the Love of Blue,
Strips in Blue,
A Bit of Red.
I'd gladly receive recommendations!

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It turned out really nice, with just the right amount of red for accent. I'm no good naming quilts. It would probably just be "Stephen's Quilt" for me.

Cynthia said...

How about "Stephen's Future...An Uncharted River."

Too corny?

Anonymous said...

Twila - it looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished product at the show. For some reason I keep thinking "Blue Ice" - not that it means anything at all

Anonymous said...

Twila - it looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished product at the show. For some reason I keep thinking "Blue Ice" - not that it means anything at all

Anonymous said...

How about Blue Skies Ahead or Chips Ahoy. Rachie