Sunday, August 5, 2007

Clay Play Day

Posted by PicasaIf I needed another distraction from my quilting projects (ha!), I sure received it Saturday when Helen, a friend of Derek's, introduced me to the fun of polymer clay. Not only did she bring a clay starter package, complete with clay, impression plates, cutters, inks, stamps, magazines, book, pasta roller, and more, but she also had us go to Artway, a store with many wonderful and tempting craft tools and supplies. She went away with spending the least amount ever for her, and I with around $50--not bad for a starter. After my introductory trip to this store, we came back to the house where she gave me a tutorial on p/c basics, demonstrating the Skinner blend, adding ink to the medium, and other useful tips. I'll get to play with all this stuff for a couple of weeks, in the process deciding where I want to go with this newly found craft. Can my tiny house accommodate another craft, I ask myself? Rationalizing, I think about how some the p/c supplies overlap with the textile supplies--really they do! This is a craft I've wanted to try for some time now, so thanks to Helen the momentum has begun.

1 comment:

H said...

That was definitely very fun! Enjoy all the clay things and good luck keeping the cats away from it :)