
While at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show in Hampton, VA, I had the good fortune of running into and spending a little time with Lois Smith, whose book, Machine Quilting, is my machine quilting and quilt-as-you-go Bible. Last year at the Friendship Star Quilt (FSQ) Show in Gaithersburg, MD, I had taken Lois' Focus on Fabric workshop, during which I started some place mats which remain unfinished (I did not reveal this to her!). Although it may be difficult to see this, one of the pieces has fabric origami (top middle round applique), which Lois taught us during the workshop as well. She is such a talented, personable and delightful woman. I'd like to finish these before this year's FSQ show so that I may enter them into the Silent Auction. We'll see, I have two quilts to finish before the show.
2 comments:
I love this quilt! The idea of designing from a focus fabric is a great one. I did a workshop with Wendy Scott who also taught this technique. Well done!
Thanks KoolKatQuilting (love that name)! I loved the workshop, which was good for me, as it dragged me into oriental-design fabrics. I like what I've done so far, now I need to get to the finish line!
Post a Comment