Sunday, December 9, 2007

Big the Cat Gives His Approval of Tiff's Quilt


Posted by Picasa Big the Cat, just as the last sashing was being applied, decided to show his approval of the quilted T pieces by sitting firmly on the quilt top. Tiff was very patient with Big as he made his statement and she waited until he decided to let her pull the whole piece off the sewing table.
These pictures mark Tiff's finish of connecting all the T blocks with the sashing. Yesterday's sewing spree started at 9:30am and ended at 11pm, as I recall from my exhausted state. We broke for lunch when Helen arrived, and all of us, including John my man, went to lunch at El Mariachi's for fab eats. Oh, and then of course, a detour on the way home to Gifford's for a couple of pints of yummy ice cream. It was great to see H again, as it had been several months since last getting with her.

I am so proud of Tiff for taking on this big project as her first sewing adventure since 8th grade. I noticed as I sat doing some hand stitching nearby, that her stitch speed is very consistent, even if very slow; therefore it is very controlled. Her stitch lines are quite straight, and she gives attention to all the details. I know that this is just the beginning of great quilts for Tiff.

2 comments:

Rach said...

My cat does the same. She wants to be right in the action and will sit on what ever your attention is focused on.

Sounds like you had a fun day with Tiff, and the quilt looks great fun.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is obvious that Tiff is overjoyed with her results. How lucky she is to have you to help her.