Tiffany started piecing her T shirt quilt yesterday, the first time she's used a sewing machine since 8th grade! As with everything else she has learned, she caught on quickly and after several seams, had near-perfect seams. This was the scariest part of the quilt making for her, and I am trying to assure her that she will be sewing like a seasoned quilter soon. I was pleasantly surprised when I showed her free-motion quilting and then allowed her to "drive". Her lines were smooth, without a single jerky move. I've never seen anyone take to this so well. I am not worried at all about her ability to make a quilt by herself, all the way from cutting, to piecing, to assemblying, to quilting. I predict that some day she'll be teaching me. Really.Sunday, December 2, 2007
Piecing Begins on Tiffany's T Shirt Quilt
Tiffany started piecing her T shirt quilt yesterday, the first time she's used a sewing machine since 8th grade! As with everything else she has learned, she caught on quickly and after several seams, had near-perfect seams. This was the scariest part of the quilt making for her, and I am trying to assure her that she will be sewing like a seasoned quilter soon. I was pleasantly surprised when I showed her free-motion quilting and then allowed her to "drive". Her lines were smooth, without a single jerky move. I've never seen anyone take to this so well. I am not worried at all about her ability to make a quilt by herself, all the way from cutting, to piecing, to assemblying, to quilting. I predict that some day she'll be teaching me. Really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
smooth, jerky-less quilting and this was her first time "driving"??!! Wow! She is starting out good...so only great is in her near future!
Post a Comment