Sunday, January 17, 2010

FSQ Quilting Retreat Weekend


Because I dislike posting photos of myself, I rarely offer a recent one. Since I did not request permission from anyone at the FSQ quilting retreat this weekend to post photos with them included, I guess I have no choice but to post the only person able to allow this--me (it will also be my blog photo for a while). It was a wonderful weekend, and it passed much too quickly. Sunday morning's look out my room's window (photo shows view from my window) was that of rain, and I was glad that I had taken a walk in the woods the day before, breaking from the stitching with two other retreaters. Many pieces of chocolate took me from staying up late Friday night, to hitting the wall Saturday at 10pm, and being ready to leave Sunday at 2:30pm. I'll need to eat better for a while to make up for the snacks that were all too readily available, and unfortunately located close to me. I worked on the tulip you see on my work table, which I painted and am in the process of stitching, and several service project pieces while there. Mostly it was a time to be with 36 other wonderful women with whom I'm so lucky to be acquainted. My thoughts and prayers are with Ellen's sister and her immediate and extended family.

1 comment:

Elsie Montgomery said...

You have a nice face and I am glad that you posted your photo! Glad that you had a great weekend and were able to take this time away to focus on your quilting.