Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Non-Quilter Sister is Quilting!

Posted by PicasaNever thought I'd see the day. My sister is quilting--that is, hand quilting--one of my late Aunt Esther's quilts. I am so proud of her; she always declared that she was not a quilter. Here is a picture of her progress; she has about 20 of the small blocks individually quilted. Go Sis!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I am serious. r

TB said...

You're shaming me into getting started on "my" Aunt Esther's quilt! Now I really must hand quilt it, too.

Nettie said...

Very cool, that your sister is doing this. It reminds me a lot of that Mennonite Mosaic that just went around (see: Lucy's at quiltingwiththepast.blogspot.com).

TB said...

My Aunt Esther, coincidentally, was Mennonite; I grew up as Mennonite as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of your sis, too. Yea for another brave handquilter! Also your mom showed me your "best friends" quilt and it's exquisite! -quiltking